With a light knock...

Go down

With a light knock...

Post  Julie on Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:08 pm

Eleven announces her presence at the cabin door.
avatar
Julie

Posts : 26
Join date : 2011-03-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Looking up from his work

Post  Hadithi on Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:27 pm

"Karibu," a slight pause, "Please excuse me, I have been writing in my native tongue. Karibu means come in or come near."

Hadithi
Admin

Posts : 51
Join date : 2011-03-20
Location : Oasis

View user profile http://thelookout.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: With a light knock...

Post  Julie on Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:36 pm

Walking in Eleven looks about, surveying the room and seeking alternate exits before coming over to where Hadithi is working. Gesturing towards the shield Eleven comments, "That is a fine shield for someone who claims to dislike battle. Please, explain this 'nonviolence' thing you mentioned before. Where I come from nonviolence is not an option, you will die."


(OOP: Could you briefly describe the room so I know where I'm standing? I know it's subject to change, but it'd be nice.)
avatar
Julie

Posts : 26
Join date : 2011-03-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Looking around the room,

Post  Hadithi on Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:57 pm

The first thing eleven notices is that there are no other exits. Directly to the right of the door there is a series of shelves. Most of the shelves bear a motley collection of bags and raw materials, as well as viles, and herbs. However, the shelf at eye level has a single domed bell of clay with a small handle on top sitting on a plate.

Turning left to face the room Eleven sees a table at the far end of the room with a small brass bowl on a pillow. Next to the bowl are pens and parchment. Two beds have been pushed together on this side of the cabin to make a small work space on the floor available where Hadithi is currently sitting drawing on his shield with a burnt stick. The far right of the cabin has two separate beds. One is empty the other is piled high with quilts somewhat like a nest in orientation and with a few apples sitting on top. Next to the bed is a very large chest with a lock on it.

Stopping his work Hadithi turns towards Eleven, "Of course, please sit," he gestures to the nearest and clearly unoccupied bed "Would you like some tea while we talk? Well I am going to have some tea and you can stop me if you like."

Eleven notices for the first time a large ceramic pot on the floor with a small stream of steam escaping from it. From under his bed Hadithi retrieves a teapot, leaves, and cups. He busies himself ladling the hot water into the tea and preparing the cups for his guest as he begins to explain.

"I suppose non-violent would be too strong a word. Anytime you enforce your will on another some form of violence is taking place. Rather non-lethal would be more accurate. You my dear are a fierce warrior I have no doubt but one word from me and you would be forced to drop your sword leaving you harmless. I'm many ways this is much easier than all the spells I would need to exhaust to kill you.

And then also think of the repercussions. If I kill you and you have friends or family they may want revenge. However, if I spare you though unlikely you might be able and then willing to help me one day.

I am not asking any of you to put yourselves at greater risk of course. If the choice is between your safety and theirs. Well that is your choice to make. But after every effort will be made to bandage their wounds and send them along."

Turning to his pot and smelling the steam, "Ah but your tea is ready." ladles a small amount into each of the tea cups before handing a cup to Eleven, "Does that help at all?"

OOP: almost real time conversations are so much fun.

Hadithi
Admin

Posts : 51
Join date : 2011-03-20
Location : Oasis

View user profile http://thelookout.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: With a light knock...

Post  Harlan on Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:06 pm

Harlan enters the cabin, and locks the door behind him. "I hope I'm not disturbing." He then walks to his bed, sits down in it and eats an apple.

Harlan
Admin

Posts : 4
Join date : 2011-03-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: With a light knock...

Post  Julie on Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:06 pm

"Hmmm, nonlethal... I could work with nonlethal. Do we still get to relieve them of their gold? A warrior has to eat you know..."

As Eleven looks about the room, her eye settles on a bell, curious, she reaches for it as Hadithi prepares the tea.
avatar
Julie

Posts : 26
Join date : 2011-03-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: With a light knock...

Post  Hadithi on Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:11 pm

"If they come here looking for trouble then yes that seems only fair. After all if we did kill them we would certainly take their items anyway."

Walks over to Eleven as she lifts up the ceramic bell and sees nothing inside. "if you would like to trade your tea for my cover I will be happy to show you it"s use."

Hadithi
Admin

Posts : 51
Join date : 2011-03-20
Location : Oasis

View user profile http://thelookout.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: With a light knock...

Post  Julie on Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:17 pm

With curiosity getting the better of her, Eleven makes the trade.
avatar
Julie

Posts : 26
Join date : 2011-03-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: With a light knock...

Post  Hadithi on Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:45 pm

Holding the bell in on hand Hadithi reaches into the pouch on his waist and removes a small cube. He holds it up for Eleven to inspect. On closer examination it appears to be a semi-translucent quarts like material wrapped in black metal on all sides with a bird pattern cut out on four sides to reveal the stone inside.

"In the common tongue its name roughly translates as light sparrow, I found the stones during my self imposed exile and I added the cases since I have been here." Holding the cube in his left hand Hadithi speaks words of magic *I call upon the light of day to illuminate my path* and the cube blazes to life emitting a defuse white light apparently replacing the milky white stone. "Of corse once lit these continue to provide light for half a day." He then places the light on the stand. "Which is why I made these covers." Placing the clay bell on the dish completely obscures the light. "Now when I or my guests come in at night we need only lift the cover to see and we can replace the cover to sleep."

Hadithi
Admin

Posts : 51
Join date : 2011-03-20
Location : Oasis

View user profile http://thelookout.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: With a light knock...

Post  Coulter on Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:39 pm

Abruptly there is a heavy knock that disturbs the tranquil atmosphere of the warmly lit cabin.
avatar
Coulter

Posts : 11
Join date : 2011-03-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: With a light knock...

Post  Hadithi on Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:47 pm

Hadithi, who is standing practically in the doorway jumps just slightly before turning to peer out the window. "Ah William," Hadithi begins as he turns the lock opening the door, "Please do come in. I was just explaining to Eleven our endeavor. would you care for some tea? it is newly made and newly pored." Without waiting for a reply Hadithi moves away from the door and moves across the room to his newly made tea and begins to prepare a cup.

Hadithi
Admin

Posts : 51
Join date : 2011-03-20
Location : Oasis

View user profile http://thelookout.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: With a light knock...

Post  Julie on Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:28 pm

As William steps into the room and Hadithi prepares the tea you notice that Eleven is suddenly holding a bone. It appears to be the femur of some midsized animal and is about a foot long. She eyes William briefly and then seems to ignore him completely, instead focusing on her tea.
avatar
Julie

Posts : 26
Join date : 2011-03-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: With a light knock...

Post  Coulter on Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:21 pm

"I would like some tea if you have any left, it is strong and still hot. It has been a miserable few days out in the field, but I am making some headway with my documentation."
avatar
Coulter

Posts : 11
Join date : 2011-03-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Handing a steaming cup of tea to William,

Post  Hadithi on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:24 am

"It is quite hot and I assure you quite strong. Much stronger then the weak liquid that the residents of this part of the world usually call tea."

Hadithi
Admin

Posts : 51
Join date : 2011-03-20
Location : Oasis

View user profile http://thelookout.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: With a light knock...

Post  Coulter on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:10 am

"how big of a cup do you have?"
avatar
Coulter

Posts : 11
Join date : 2011-03-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: With a light knock...

Post  Julie on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:42 am

Eleven continues to watch this exchange out of the corner of her eye, hang still resting on the bone she produced earlier. She slowly sips her tea and rests with her back to a corner.
avatar
Julie

Posts : 26
Join date : 2011-03-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Stepping away from the door,

Post  Hadithi on Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:46 am

Hadithi replies, "While the cup that I gave you is the largest one that I own, I would be happy to refill it for you as many times as you require. In the mean time I wanted to introduce you to my friend. As you know Amarantha, Harlan, and I met on a caravan which was sacked and destroyed by Akadi raiders. We were eventually forced to flea after many of up our number were slaughtered. This," he now gestures to include Eleven, "is another member of that caravan and her name is Eleven." Turning slightly back towards William but speaking now to Eleven, "This," gesturing this time at William, "Is William, the leader of the Flanking Group and the tactician of our number."

Hadithi
Admin

Posts : 51
Join date : 2011-03-20
Location : Oasis

View user profile http://thelookout.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Amarantha approaches the door..

Post  Amarantha on Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:07 pm

She calls hello over William's shoulder.

Amarantha

Posts : 13
Join date : 2011-03-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: With a light knock...

Post  Hadithi on Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:25 pm

"Hello, Amarantha. It would seem we are all here now. Won't you both come in and sit down?" Hadithi heads back over to the teapot and begins to prepare another cup.

Hadithi
Admin

Posts : 51
Join date : 2011-03-20
Location : Oasis

View user profile http://thelookout.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Amarantha enters the cabin.

Post  Amarantha on Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:03 am

"I would gladly accept a cup of tea. I thank you, Hadithi." she waits to accept a cup, then looks around for a spot to sit down.


Amarantha

Posts : 13
Join date : 2011-03-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: With a light knock...

Post  Hadithi on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:52 pm

Hadithi busies himself with Amarantha's tea and indicating appropriate seating locations for all of his guests before seating himself on the edge of his bed.

Hadithi
Admin

Posts : 51
Join date : 2011-03-20
Location : Oasis

View user profile http://thelookout.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: With a light knock...

Post  Hadithi on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:08 pm

After seeing that everyone is seated and comfortably drinking their tea, and noticing that everyone is staring at little expectantly at everyone else Hadithi ventures to break the silence, "Well now that I have gotten all the formalities and introductions taken care of does anyone have any specific questions to ask or business to discuss? If not I think we could all benefit from the exercise of running a few formation drills in preparation for this weeks gather."

Hadithi
Admin

Posts : 51
Join date : 2011-03-20
Location : Oasis

View user profile http://thelookout.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: With a light knock...

Post  Julie on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:28 pm

"Before we begin drills, I did have something I wanted to discuss with you Hadithi, if we could speak privately for a moment."

Eleven gestures towards the door and begins to move towards it.

<pm incoming>
avatar
Julie

Posts : 26
Join date : 2011-03-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: With a light knock...

Post  Hadithi on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:31 pm

"Of course my friend," Hadithi exits with Eleven.

OOP: you guys can continue to talk in here but I'm just assuming that all of our oop prep and discussions are now ip and that we train, take some meals, and generally spend time together in the in-between time. This way I can go to the tavern and do other event prep.

Hadithi
Admin

Posts : 51
Join date : 2011-03-20
Location : Oasis

View user profile http://thelookout.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Rising with a gasp...

Post  Amarantha on Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:58 pm

Amarantha exclaims "oh! I forgot to tell Gen of the Winter Court something! Will you please excuse me? I must run to the tavern.". Unless stopped, Amarantha runs out of the cabin

Amarantha

Posts : 13
Join date : 2011-03-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: With a light knock...

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum