Three Cabins in Laketown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Around the edges of the clearing...

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Around the edges of the clearing... Empty Around the edges of the clearing...

Post  Julie Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:25 pm

* A barbarian woman lurks around the edges of the clearing alternating letting herself be seen and hiding in the trees. She appears to be searching for someone and seems a bit skittish.*

*tentatively*

"Wilder, is that you?"
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Around the edges of the clearing... Empty Re: Around the edges of the clearing...

Post  Hadithi Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:32 pm

Hadithi comes running into the clearing excitement evident in his voice, "You survived! We thought we had lost you." Then with concern, "Are you ok do you need healing, or food?" *healing arts: what's your status*

Hadithi
Admin

https://thelookout.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Around the edges of the clearing... Empty Re: Around the edges of the clearing...

Post  Julie Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:01 pm

"Hadithi! I've been tracking you for days, ever since the ambush. I sustained only light injuries in the skirmish, those cowards were no match for Eleven! Jumping out at a supply caravan, what *brave* men they were. How fares your traveling companions, did everyone survive?"
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Post  Harlan Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:36 pm

Startled by the noise, Harlan looks out of his cabin. Seeing both standing in the clearing he walks out. "You survived! I thought you had perished! How did you manage to escape the caravan and the invading army?" Harlan looks around nervously. "We've been attacked by hordes of orcs. I thought this place would be safer."

Harlan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hadithi Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:05 pm

"unfortunately most of our party was killed in the ambush just Harlen, Amarantha, I and one other, whose name slips my mind survived. And Harlen, at the moment no place is truly safe. As for this place specifically it's safety was supposed to lie in the people who live here more than any lack of vulnerability to attack. However, the denizens of this place are greatly lacking in anything like vigilance. Which is why I have proposed that we form a night watch to protect ourselves as well as the others here, and to train for the real battle yet to come. Speaking of which," Hadithi turns to Eleven and fills her in on their plans for a battle unit and asks if she would be interested and fight as the sheiks in his unit.

Hadithi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:21 pm

Eleven listens attentively to Hadithi's plans and chimes in from time to time asking for clarifications and making suggestions. After Hadithi has finished his explanation Eleven concludes, "It appears to be a sound plan, I will join. When can I meet the other members?"
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Post  Hadithi Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:28 pm

"You should rest there is food in my cabin," raises an arm and points "I will get the others."
Hadithi then turns away and marches back up the hill.

Hadithi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hadithi Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:06 pm

Returning to the clearing from the direction of the tavern. "I have told the others they should be coming any time now."

Hadithi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:10 pm

Eleven nods and squats next to a tree to wait, pulling out some jerky to munch on in the meantime.
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Around the edges of the clearing... Empty A Bright Faerie in red approaches the group, smiling

Post  Amarantha Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:09 am

[oop i have just been told that Julie's character was in our caravan, so I assume I will know her. If not, then I can edit this]

"Eleven! How are you, you look well! I am so glad that you withstood the ambush - were you harmed?" She goes to embrace the woman, unless stopped with a look or physically [oop I am also assuming that I don't know Eleven very well, but Amarantha will attempt to embrace her anyway]

Amarantha

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:30 am

Eleven embraces the Fae somewhat awkwardly and with great care and those watching get the impression that she is not used to hugs.

*somewhat stuttering* "Well hello Faerie, glad to see you made it out alright."
*clears throat* "I, uhh, no, I wasn't harmed too much in the fight, just a few scratches. Wish I could say the same for the others though, apparently no one taught them how to duck or when to cut your losses and run."
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Post  Hadithi Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:49 am

Hadithi watches with a mild look of bemusement the reunion of his two traveling companions. Suddenly, his face changes as if an important thought had just occurred to him. "Please excuse me, I am late for my daily meditations." And with that Hadithi enters his cabin. Not long after clear clean bell tones begin to emanate.

Hadithi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Harlan Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:19 pm

Harlan peers at the edge of the forest across the field. Not seeing anything, he sits down against a tree takes an apple out of his bag and eats it.

Harlan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Around the edges of the clearing... Empty Amarantha sits down to rest...

Post  Hadithi Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:38 pm

And wait for the arrival of the rest of the group. She sings a soft tune about gypsies and fickle love.

Hadithi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hadithi Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:43 pm

OOC: I just gave Lissa my old iPad and I don't think she noticed she was signed in as me so the post above about Amaranthat was by her.

IP: After a few hours Hadithi returns from his meditations. "I am sorry Eleven, I would have thought William would have arrived by now. But he has to come home to sleep sometime and you will meet him then."

Hadithi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Around the edges of the clearing... Empty Still sitting on the ground, Amarantha looks up and asks

Post  Amarantha Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:53 pm

"What are we meeting here to discuss? Or is this a meeting to allow everyone to meet everyone else?"

Amarantha

Back to top Go down

Post  Hadithi Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:04 pm

"I simply retrieved you at Eleven's request. I thought you would want to see her."

Hadithi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Around the edges of the clearing... Empty Looking at Eleven, she says

Post  Amarantha Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:37 pm

"Oh so just a meet and greet, then. Have we discussed positions and such?" she turns to Hadithi,"I saw the paper you showed me outlining where we will be. Should we practice the formations? Discuss who will lead the attacks? Or shall we wait for William to arrive before we go over these matters?"

Amarantha

Back to top Go down

Post  Hadithi Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:52 pm

"William will lead the flanking group. I will lead the defensive group and act as our Commissar. We certainly should practice our positions now that we have all five of the core positions filled. However, we need William."

Hadithi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Around the edges of the clearing... Empty With a confused look on her face, Amarantha repeats..

Post  Amarantha Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:26 pm

"commissar? What is that?"

Amarantha

Back to top Go down

Post  Hadithi Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:08 am

"Technically it means the political leader and the face of our group, should we need one. But mostly it means that I will handle paperwork and mediate disputes."

Last edited by Hadithi on Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Hadithi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:17 pm

OOP: Coulter is doing field training exercises at Fort. Jackson this weekend so he won't be able to join in until Sunday night/Monday morning as fields are not conducive to playing on the interwebs.

IP: "Political leader, eh? Sounds good enough. I like the battle planning, when do we start the killing...I mean... strategic disarming."
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Post  Hadithi Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:16 pm

OOP: Don't worry we know Coulter was out of town this weekend. It's just one of the weird disconnects of online playing. Technically his character stood frozen mid sentence so long in the tavern that everyone left. lol.

IP: "The first evening of the next the gather is the next time the monsters will gather in bulk."

Hadithi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Around the edges of the clearing... Empty Amaranth stands up, dusts off, and says

Post  Amarantha Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:51 am

"It looks as if William will be a little while. I am going to stop by the tavern. If I see him there, I will come back with him. If not, will one of you come get me when he does show up?" [i will assume that someone nods assent, and Amarantha will leave after a nod, unless stopped.]

Amarantha

Back to top Go down

Post  Hadithi Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:44 am

Hadithi nods, then goes into his cabin. Returning with his pigments. He white washes his shield and when the paint is dry begins to draw a detailed circular emblem on his shield.

Hadithi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next