Three Cabins in Laketown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Decorations Etc.

2 posters

Go down

Decorations Etc. Empty Decorations Etc.

Post  Julie Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:45 pm

So I know we've talked a bit about making a banner of some sort with the broach pattern on it to hang at our cabins so I thought I'd make a thread where we could toss around other ideas as well.

I found these pretty snazzy little chests at Jo Anns that ranged from $15 - 30 but I can't seem to find them online to figure out the exact dimensions. The white 'I' in the picture was placed for reference, it's 6" tall, so hopefully that helps those of you that are more spatially inclined.
Decorations Etc. Img00710
They're unstained wooden boxes that look chest-like, so I thought they might work for storing things in. We have a ton of various colored stains (my dad is a carpenter) and the hardware could easily be adapted to include a lock. Since we're going to need somewhere to store gold etc. I think I might go pick one up, what do you guys think?
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Decorations Etc. Empty Re: Decorations Etc.

Post  Hadithi Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:50 pm

We were actually talking about chests the other day. I actually have two old chests from when my family came over from Norway 4 generations or so back. They need a little fixing up but were probably going to use those for treasure and other lock and key storage. But I think having more unlocked chests to store extra costumes and armor would give our cabins a much nicer more period look. Also if we have like five chests with keys it adds another layer of difficulty to robbing us since only one chest will have gold and valuables in it.

I also think we should be brainstorming interior cabin decorations. We can start with just descriptions on the cabin sheets and then slowly work towards making them and bringing them.

Hadithi
Admin

https://thelookout.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:17 pm

Ooh, old family chests sounds awesome, but remember, the chest itself can be stolen in game, so be prepared for the fact that that could happen. I think most players are nice enough to give it back and just take the tag and let you not bring it anymore, but you never know.

I've mentioned to Coulter that it'd be nice to use his cartography skill to make maps of the various towns and how the cabins are laid out, for monster tracking purposes and setting up patrols. And late night thieving once Hadithi is asleep. So we could probably store those in the War Cabin, and I think we really need some sort of animal skinned rug, because that's just awesome and appeals to my barbarian nature. I'll use my meager drawing skills and see what I can come up with for our cabin.
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Post  Hadithi Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:36 pm

You make a good point with the chests but I'm pretty sure only enchanted items are owned by the game and we are going to weight the chests so they'll weigh like 200 lbs (when open you can remove the weights to smaller increments) but when locked moving the chest will be basically impossible. Plus locking it to the bed. But I'll spend some time seeing how durable they are and what the family thinks if that use. You may be right that theyre not a valid option.

Hadithi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hadithi Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:29 pm

Checked on the forum. The way other people get their wards lowered and raised for more than one person is by having a golum, which can be purchased on play apparently who can be asked to raise and lower it. I assume we would each need one. Though for now we can just pass the key around and ask for entry. Though we better be up on our communication cause if you stay for the night and let other players go out with a key there will be no way to change that and if you take the key to bed with you people will have to bang on your door for entry.

Hadithi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum