Three Cabins in Laketown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solar Approved Locks

2 posters

Go down

Solar Approved Locks Empty Solar Approved Locks

Post  Hadithi Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:48 pm

Hey team,

I picked up a cheap warded lock from wall mart and I can open it in about 10 seconds flat with a bent paperclip. Fairly certain this will pass inspection. I'm only buying and bringing the one for now. Especially since we haven't been able to agree on or even if there should be a group resource policy I don't really foresee having a whole lot to store at the next event. The locked I picked up will be the door lock for Cabin 3 and anyone staying with me will get a key.

The brand is Mountain Security and the dimensions are 1and9/16"

If anyone else (Coulter and Julie) want a cabin door lock (or maybe our newbs) for next event I suggest you run out and get one. I am sure the one I purchased will pass but I believe we could get away with slightly better locks then this. It opens so fast it's like I have the key and the only thing stopping a thief will be the lack of the lock pick skill. Which honestly is only 3 points and I imagine will begin to show up in spades as soon as we reintroduce locks to the game. Even the most experienced players could pick that up in one or two events.

So try non warded but still really cheep. If you can't pick it yourselves let me give it a try. If i can open it reasonable quick we should be able to get it past inspection.

Hadithi
Admin

https://thelookout.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solar Approved Locks Empty Re: Solar Approved Locks

Post  Julie Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:13 pm

I was just talking to Randy (Vun) on facebook and he told me you can buy a ward from the Mages Guild for 5g/Gather and that you just need to talk to Rax to get it. This might be a viable option for the next few Gathers until Ama can cast wards.
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Post  Hadithi Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:42 pm

Agreed, though since to date I haven't earned any gold and we haven't agreed on a tax like structure to create group money I don't really suggest things that cost gold. What's our final headcount for the next event by the way? I have 5 in my crew and there are only 4 beds a cabin so that's one problem with purchased wards 10 gold to do both. Though we could just stuff all the mattress on one cabin floor and sleep under beds military style that seems less than extremely comfy

Hadithi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:02 pm

As it stands we have one friend that might come, I'm not sure if he's made his final determination yet. I'm thinking buying a ward is a good idea because I heard through the (Randy-shaped) grapevine that there's a certain black and red group that likes to try to kill off new groups because they're just nice like that. Since it's only 5g, I'll be buying a ward for my cabin and I wouldn't mind buying one for your cabin too, you can consider it a bribe for leet healz.

Since there are more people than cabin bunks, we can always have people phys. rep behind the wards and sleep OOP in another cabin, that's what several members of The Grove do for various reasons.

To symbolize having a ward you need a ward key ($1 from plot) and either duct tape or rope lights as a phys rep of the ward around your cabin, or at least over doors and windows. I'll be bringing some duct tape if I can't find rope lights and I'd be happy to share.
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Post  Hadithi Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:34 pm

Well duly noted on the group killing. Everyone remember were not "really" a group we just hunt together one night a week. Until were strong enough to announce we keep low profile and join other groups.

But I am extremely grateful for you ward and happily take you up on the offer. I do think door locks also add an extra layer of protection though since you can have both I'll bring some and we can play around with them. Mean time I'll get some rope lights for cabin 3 since I've always wanted an in play excuse to purchase that phys rep. Is there a color requirement do you know? In the description the veils is always blue.

Good call on the extra phys rep behind wards. So well start with the two cabin protections and move up to three if when we ever really need it.

Hadithi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Solar Approved Locks Empty Wards!

Post  Julie Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:59 pm

So according to this post we can get a ward and golem for 13g. I'm thinking it might be a good idea to get a golem for at least the main building, but since I only have 30g I'm a bit hesitant to drop 26g on defenses, so I might go with just a ward with a key for my personal cabin. I didn't visit Laketown at all last Gather so I don't know if there's a large cabin down there, but if there is, we should take it.
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Post  Hadithi Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:26 am

Since the main points in this came down to how many locks we could buy and since locks bcame about sleeping arangments and wards I started a new consolidated cabins thread. Please put any new replies to this topic here https://thelookout.forumotion.com/t10-cabins-locks-sleeping-arrangements-and-reservations

Hadithi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down