Three Cabins in Laketown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character relations and sleeping arrangements

2 posters

Go down

Character relations and sleeping arrangements Empty Character relations and sleeping arrangements

Post  Hadithi Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:41 pm

So, I've been thinking a lot on how are characters relate to each other and what this means in game. Specifically, as it relates to where we should all be sleeping.

For example at the last gather before we really got to know Culter and Julie our characters were like so hey William and that elf chick who's name we can't remember are apparently hooking up.

Basically who you are bunking with in game ideally would be determined by in game not our of game factors and preferences.

Then also Coulter joked when we were last out to eat that he didn't want to sleep beside Eleven for fear of his life and that he might start sleeping OOP and leaving his IP self somewhere safe.

Which brings up the point we can have real sleeping arrangements that are different then the game world. Case in point for the first few events until Harlen gets to know the rest of us he is going to sleep safety hidden in an undisclosed location. Neil however will still have a bed in one of the cabins our group is occupying.

So a theoretical arrangement of what I mean is
Cabin 1 - Hadithi(IP), My spear wielder newby(IP), Eleven(physrep sleeping) with Neil(oop), and your friend(IP)
so then there would be four physical people and IP neils bed is occupied by Eleven and her physreps.
Then Cabin 2 - Amarantha (IP), Coulter(IP), Juile(oop), and My two Hand Newbie(IP)

So this would put the entire defense squad and the entire flanking squad in the same cabin. This makes seance in game because those are the people we will know the best and technically it's safest both because the least likely people to backstab us are our squad (in theroy) and because if anything bad goes down the people who have trained to fight together are together.

The biggest disadvantage to the Repping based sleping is of course if we are attacked Eleven is not actually there and has to OOP run over to the other cabin and gear up before she can join the fight.

I know that Ideally for me I'd rather have everyone sleep IP and decide along in game reasons where we should all sleep. I personally know that even though I like sleeping with Lissa, my roleplaying experience was richer at the last event by both being In Character as much as humanly possible and by not starting as an in game couple. If nothing else you get the option to fall in love with alternate versions of each others personalty in game but it's not a forgone conclusion.

Does anyone else have thoughts on this?

To some extent I'm trying to get this packed away so I can figure out who is in my cabin and discuss decoration choices so if people could weigh in on this I for one would appreciate it.

Hadithi
Admin

https://thelookout.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Character relations and sleeping arrangements Empty Re: Character relations and sleeping arrangements

Post  Julie Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:31 pm

So based on what Michael said it looks like the cabins would be distributed like so:
Cabin One[tr]
In Play OOP Phys. Rep
Hadithi Neal Eleven
Spear Weilder Noob --- ---
Trey --- ---

Cabin Two[tr]
In Play OOP Phys. Rep
Amarantha Julie ---
Coulter --- ---
Newb2 --- ---

Last Gather Coulter and I shared a two person cabin and while I enjoyed that, I'm up for sleeping elsewhere and letting our IP selves decide sleeping arrangements.

My character is naturally skeptical of groups of people so it would make more sense character wise if I slept away from the group but my OOP fear of death and creepy crawlies might make that not happen. I was actually thinking of getting a hammock for my character, but that remains to be seen.

tl;dr I think I'm going to sleep IP, probably in Hadithi's cabin because he's the only one my character has interacted with a lot and Eleven doesn't have to worry about Hadithi killing her.

Last edited by Julie on Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stupid BBCode, grrrr!)
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Character relations and sleeping arrangements Empty Re: Character relations and sleeping arrangements

Post  Hadithi Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:02 pm

I agree that at this point one cabin would really be the ideal choice and then we can arrange bunks as appropriate for defense / character reasons. I already started a thread about cabin reservations though I'm trying to be descreet. Dispute our superior tactics if the rumor Julie heard about red and black is true the less we can look like a new "group" the better.

That said if I can get one big cabin as long as we don't go on and on about being a group in town, start out only hunting on Friday nights, and most of us join other groups (Julie and coulter the grove, me healing guild, Lissa mages guild) We should be able to slip by until we are sufficiently strong without being seen as a group.

If the rule book and online info is accurate paying event fees in advance let's you reserve cabins. So if I can get a map of where we want to be and we are mostly or all able to pay in advance choosing our cabin in lake town shouldn't be a problem. Which means if there is an available large cabin we should be set.

Though personally I like the little cabins on the side better. Safer, less ostentatious, more character to have a little micro town. If it comes down to it each cabin can be responsible for their own defences. Like Eleven could pick up a ward and no golum and only activate the ward when she's in her cabin. I personally am going to put like 3 locks on our door. My theory being that no one has 4 destroy spells memorized and if they do that's 4 chances to hear it. Plus we might still get lucky and get a magical lock I did put out an add after all.

Really though lake town seemed mostly safe until we piss of a major in play group.

Hadithi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hadithi Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:24 am

Since the main points in this came down to how many locks we could buy and since locks bcame about sleeping arangments and wards I started a new consolidated cabins thread. Please put any new replies to this topic here https://thelookout.forumotion.com/t10-cabins-locks-sleeping-arrangements-and-reservations

Hadithi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down